Global Not-for-profit announces new, complimentary newsletter & updated membership model
Denver, Colo. (March 8th, 2021) – In conjunction with its 3rd year anniversary and the anticipated recovery of the tourism industry, the Wellness Tourism Association (WTA) has introduced changes that will allow the global not-for-profit to be more inclusive and accessible to various target markets. The new initiatives include a complimentary monthly newsletter as well as the debut of an updated membership model, both aimed at widening the reach and impact of the organization.
“As we look to support the industry sector as it rebuilds better than ever, we want to be a community that embraces all industry stakeholders – the providers and the sellers,” says Anne Dimon, President/CEO. “We also want to work with any companies looking to bolster the industry as it recovers.”
The Wellness Tourism Association will launch a complimentary monthly newsletter covering industry news along with items of general interest to travelers who want to stay advised on wellness travel information including special offers from WTA members. All subscribers will be welcomed as part of the WTA Community. Wellness-minded travelers and industry insiders can sign-up here.
Additionally, the WTA has introduced two levels of membership* – Standard and Premium – each offering different membership benefits, which include:
- Standard Membership:
- Inclusion in the online Directory of Members
- Use of the WTA logo
- Access to summaries of all reports/surveys conducted by the WTA. In 2020, the association conducted one consumer survey to identify Wellness Vacation Motivations for Post-Pandemic Travel and one with industry experts and academics. Others are already in the works for 2021
- Invitation to attend the Annual General Meeting (Live or Virtual), which provides opportunities for high-level networking as well as insight on the latest trends and updates in the space
- Invitation to join the private WTA Facebook Group
The annual fee for Standard Membership is just $250 for any qualifying* individual, supplier, travel agency, brand or DMO.
- Premium Membership (offers the following in addition to all of the Standard membership benefits):
- Access to a Log-In section to download the database with contact details of all members. The section also allows access to Knowledge Resources
- Access to all surveys with full reports
- Consideration for editorial opportunities (this applies to suppliers, brands and DMOs only)
- Free access to future B2B webinars
- Discount on the Annual General Meeting
- Plus, other opportunities as they present themselves
The annual fees for Premium Membership are $300 for individuals, $500 for suppliers and $1,500 for brands and DMOs. All must meet qualifications per category.*
*Since the mission of the WTA includes bringing standards and definitions to the industry, each applicant is subject to meeting the set criteria for each category. For companies not qualifying for membership, Partnership and Sponsorship opportunities will also be available. Here is a link to the five ways to engage with the WTA.
# # #
About Wellness Tourism Association
The Wellness Tourism Association is a non-profit organization incorporated in the U.S., and with a mission to support and further the development of the wellness tourism industry for the global good. Co-Founders are Accor Hotels, Canyon Ranch and TravelToWellness.com with Founding Members Art of Living Retreat Center and the Monaco Government Tourist Office. www.wellnesstourismassociation.org